How to avoid delaying your success?
Consequences of Delay
Delay is not an aide when it comes to success, but rather a hindrance. Opportunities come and go really fast, therefore, being prepared is important. You have to be ready not just in attitude and mindset but in your approach as well. Putting an important task aside continuously until the last minute is never the right approach. Planning and putting in the work will always generate a higher rate of success.
may seem like a cliche quote but its meaning is profound and timely. This quote speaks of being prepared at all times, getting what needs to be done over time so when a situation arises, or in this case an opportunity, you are more than ready to handle it.
Being successful is never achieved in a day and we can use the words of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow as an example of this. Â He wrote,
There is no easy way to achieve success. The path will oftentimes seem difficult and unyielding. Getting our mindset and attitude right is important in driving our approach to success. And as a result, there is no room for procrastination. The question is: how do we improve our approach and avoid being ensnared by procrastination or delays in our journey to success?
Eleven effective way to avoid delaying your success:
- Create your success plan
- Work daily on the plan
- Create a Success board or a Success College
- Confirm your why?- This a phrase that may seem cliche, but it is the pinnacle on which we build our success. It determines what success means to us.
- Know that there will be days when you will want to procrastinate. Prepare for it by doing #2, 3 & 4. That means you work through it even if you don’t want to.
- Seek advice from other successful people. This step is overlooked in the quest to achieve specific goals. But we have to learn to feed our minds with the knowledge that others have gained. This step will include reading a book, listening to a video, reading a quote, attending seminars, you name it. You will find that this will be the most helpful in pulling you out of the procrastination funk. This is because something in one of the books you read or the video you listened to will trigger that hunger for success. A reminder of why you initially ventured out on that path.
- Self-affirmation- You have to be willing to talk to yourself. Reiterate the plans highlighted in #1, encourage and speak positive things about yourself. Because you will have no choice but to do and believe. After all, it’s coming from you.
- Trust in your dreams- The saying”Your dreams shouldÂ be big enough scare you” holds true when it comes to trusting your dreams. You imagined a path for your self that has an outcome you are looking forward to. Then working continuously to make it a reality should be enough to ignite the fire to do and keep doing.
- See the outcome- take some time to visualize what you want. This may include meditating or looking at a picture or collage of what you expect your success to look like, hence #3.
- Be confident
- Surpass established limits.